TestNG is an automation framework. It comes with a more powerful automation feature and inspired by Junit and Nunit. The main purpose of TestNG is to design testcases in a systematic way. It is an opensource tool that is available in the form of Jar.
Introduction with TestNG || What is testNG.
TestNG is a next-generation automation framework where the NG extends for Next Generation. TestNG inspired by Junit and Nunit. It comes with a more useful feature that makes our automation task easy.
TestNG is another java automation framework and can integrate with selenium.
It’s really a valid question if we already have so many frameworks for automation like Junit or Nunit, selenium so why testNG.
Well, every new generation has its own properties similarly testNG is also comes with lots of new features that make the task easy for automation. The following are the basic advantages of testNG.
TestNg provides Prioritizing, Sequencing, and grouping to manage the testcases.
TestNG provide a better result report after the execution and it also supports third-party tool like extent report. That generates a better visual report in HTML.
Perform testing on multiple browsers is called cross-browser testing. As manual testing, it’s really hard to run the same test step on all the browsers. TestNG provide support to run the same Testcase on multiple browsers.
TestNG also provide the facility to run testcases on multiple browsers at the same time. In upcoming tutorials will see, step by step process to perform parallel testing using TestNG.
TestNG provides rich annotations as compare to Junit. Like @BeforeSuite, @AfterSuite, @BeforeTest, @AfterTest, @BeforeGroup and @AfterGroup.
Advantage of TestNG.
- TestNG provide better reports in many formats like HTML, XML.
- It’s possible to run individual classes in TestNG with no need for the main class.
- TestNG is provide @Parameters to run the same test case with different data sets.
- Tester can set the execution priority of the test suite.
- Grouping in TestNG is used to prioritize the test cases.
- Better reporting also can use third party API to generate an HTML report.
TestNG vs JUnit
Below is the complete TestNG tutorial Which covers almost all the TestNG topics from the beginning.
TestNG Course Content
Introduction with testNG
- What is TestNG?
- Advantage of testNG.
- TestNG vs JUnit.
Setup and installation of testNG in eclipse
- How to add testNG plugin in eclipse.
- Write the first automation test using TestNG.
Annotations in TestNG
- What is TestNG annotation?
- Types of annotation.
- How to use annotations in TestNG.
Attributes in testNG
- What are TestNg Attributes?
- Types of Attributes.
- How to use Attributes in testNG.
Priority & Sequence of Testcases
- How to run the test cases in sequence.
- How to set a priority of test cases.
Grouping Testcases in testNG.
- How to categorize test cases in TestNG.
- How to group and run the same type of testcases in testNG.
Assertion in TestNG
- What is the Assert class?
- Types of assertion in testNG.
- How to user assertion in testNG.
Parameters and data provide
- What is testng.xml how to create a test run in testNG.
Data-Driven automation in testNG
- How to read and write data from external files in testNG.
- How to generate a report in testNG.
- Create an extent report in testNG.
- Extent report analysis.