How to setup Environment to develop a simple web application using MongoDB, Express, and NodeJs. Below are the steps to set up the environment to develop the MERN stack application.
Step: 1 Getting a text Editor
Any Basic text editor is needed to write the code and the command-line terminal is used to execute the code.
In this Setup, I use visual studio code as the text editor cause it has several plugins and built-in terminal features.
Link :- https://code.visualstudio.com/
Download the code editor for your machine and for the specific operating system
*Note:-can use any text editor like
- Sublime text
Step: 2 Installing Node in the local machine
Go to the official website for node js and
- LTS version is recommended for the beginner(fewer bugs). Downloaded the version as per the system.
- And install the package and check that node is working all good.
- To check the node js is installed open the command line and follow the below command.
Thus Our terminal is showing us the version and other options of node our installation has been successful.
Step:3 Installing Express and React
- As we First installed node js. A Software Registry is installed along with Node js. This Registry is known as npm Node Package Manager. That includes various open-source Libraries. It also contains express js.
- Use the Command in the Terminal For installing express js package
C:\User\abc\Project_folder> npm install express --save
Express is installed and ready to use.
- Use the following command to create a react app with all dependencies and support file
C:\User\abc\Project_folder> npx create-react-app folder_name
- This command will download some dependencies and will create and run a default React app.
Step: 4 Installing our database locally (MongoDB)
- After download click on the installer and after installation is over.
- Open a command prompt and try the following command ⇒to check if the installation was successful use command.
- MongoDB provides the online server base database which can be used at production level or while hosting the Web application created using MERN.
Here the setup and installation of our MERN Stack are completed.
Note: All of this is a very lengthy process but it is a one-time process.
- An alternate method is available is online IDE with integrate node js and MongoDB server
- One such IDE is https://ide.goorm.io/?_ga=2.161650491.605382956.1589197481-878345875.1589197481
Steps To set up the IDe
Steps To set up the Ide
- Login or signup for the Page
- Go to Dashboard
- Click on create a container
- Fill the requirement form
- Select the Stack
- Select the Database option
- click on Create container
All the setup For MERN is ready. Let’s move to next MERN tutorial to continue..